Inserting a pause in a parenting time event is used to show temporary stop or 'gap' in your parenting time that isn't part of the regular parenting plan schedule.
For example, let's say your children are scheduled to be with you all this week, Monday through Friday. On Wednesday, the other parent picks them up from school at 3:00pm and takes them to the dentist for a checkup. The checkup takes 2 hours, after which the children are dropped off at your home at 5:30pm.
Rather than stop the current parenting time event in the Tracker at 3:00 and then starting a new one at 5:30, you can simply insert a 'gap'. This has the same effect as stopping the event and then starting a new one, but allows you to do it in one step rather than four (stopping the event, saving it, starting a new event, and then saving it).
Inserting A Pause
To insert a pause or 'gap', follow these steps:
- Click on the Tracker icon in the OPTIMAL Toolbar and go to the month that contains the parenting time event to be modified.
- Click on the day to modify.
- Click on the Edit these start/stop times button. The Edit Start/Stop Times screen will appear.
- Click on the word insert in the row that contains the time period you want to insert a pause into. The row will highlight and the controls at the bottom of the screen will change and become enabled.
- Adjust the start or stop times to create the pause or gap as needed.
- Click the Insert this Gap or Pause button at the bottom of the screen.
- The event is saved with the new pause time inserted.